Why is my Whirlpool dishwasher light flashing?
The Whirlpool dishwasher has a light indicator. Sometimes it may constantly blink signaling about an error. At the same time, it produces alarming sounds. There can be a lot of reasons. And they can vary from the wear of any relay or the clogging of filtering units to the damage of a software module. The most regular situations are:
- The leakage sensor has detected a mistake. You need to disconnect the dishwasher from the mains and carefully examine the water on the floor.
- The pump has deteriorated or pollution has occurred inside the nozzles. The solution is to clean the nozzles or install a new pump.
- The filter units may get clogged. You should clean them from dirt and restart the device.
- The programmable module has broken or software firmware has gone astray. You should reprogram the unit or replace it with a new one.
- The indicators may report that salt or rinse aid have run out. You just need to add more of these.
- The heating element failed. The way out is to replace it.
You can find the list of error codes in the dishwasher manual. However, to eliminate serious breakdowns, you should contact experienced masters. Unskilled repairs can worsen the situation and completely break the device. You should contact the service center in case of serious breakage.
Is there a reset button on a dishwasher?
A dishwasher, like any other electronics, can have various problems associated not only with the launch of the device or the work process but even with the shutdown.
A program can get stuck due to a variety of reasons. However, it often happens when the user does not perform regular cleaning and maintenance. As a result, the filters may become clogged, then sensors are triggered, and the control module can block the operation of all components of the machine. It will continue until the blockage is completely eliminated.
The Whirlpool machines do not have reset buttons. If you cannot identify the error code, but your dishwasher does not work as expected, perform a general reset. You should do the following steps:
- Unplug the dishwasher for a few minutes from the electrical outlet.
- Wait some time.
- Plug the machine back. The motor has now been reset and is ready for trying to start a cycle.
If the problem persists or the error code returns, contact the Whirlpool service center for advice or repair.
Why is my dishwasher not working?
The main feature of the Whirlpool dishwasher self-diagnosis system is that no code has single decryption. In other words, the error code cannot specifically indicate a particular malfunction. It only determines the range of possible failures, which the user should pay attention to and check first of all. For example, error E5 may indicate the following:
- the dishwasher is not filling water;
- the pressure in the system is too low;
- a blockage has formed in the dishwasher, and it prevents water from circulating normally;
- the intake valve is broken.
So, the same error code can report different malfunctions. And you need to inspect the machine thoroughly to find a specific breakdown and then fix it. It is also important to know that any of the errors can be caused by a breakdown of the control module or banal short-term firmware failure.
In such cases, specialists advise restarting the dishwasher a couple of times to eliminate a short-term system failure, and only then start to search for a malfunction.
To restart the machine, do the following:
- Disconnect the equipment from power for 15-20 minutes.
- Reconnect the dishwasher to the mains.
If the dishwasher has recovered after a reboot, it means that there was a system failure. But if the error is highlighted again, then you need to look for its cause.
Most of these troubles can be prevented by regular and proper maintenance and care. The procedure includes the following steps:
- It is recommended that you always check the temperature of the inlet water. The optimal parameter is 50 ° -60 °;
- It is necessary to monitor the amount of rinse aid in the dishwasher and avoid its shortage;
- Regular filter cleaning is required;
- Follow the service rules, including the principles of loading of dishes;
- Protecting the dishwasher from power surges;
To prevent unpleasant odors inside the machine, the door should be left half-open.
Using these recommendations, every user will be able to properly reboot his dishwasher, maintain it, and carry out preventive maintenance.